The Kaohsiung Confucius Temple is a temple dedicated to the memory of Confucius near Lotus Pond, Zuoying District, in the Taiwanese city of Kaohsiung. With an area of 167 m2 (1,800 sq ft), it is Taiwan’s largest Confucian temple complex. The temple was originally constructed in 1684, during the reign of the Kangxi Emperor, but fell into disrepair during the Japanese colonial period. A new temple was constructed in 1976, based on Song dynasty architecture, as well as the design of the Temple of Confucius, Qufu.
This picture shows the Dacheng Hall, the main building of the temple.
Photograph credit: Uwe Aranas